Feb 26, 2009

my newest ukulele hero

It's 1:11 am and I'm waiting for some cinnamon-raisin bread I'm making to bake in the oven. I tested it with a knife, and it's still not done, so I have some time to write my first future folk blog post ever.

This guy I met used to work at the same community radio station I do recommended that I listen to ukulele-collage-ist Tune Yards (aka Merrill Garbus) a couple of weeks ago. And so I did. And then I listened to it again. And again. I've been listening ever since.

This is Tune Yards:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5902638

Isn't it great? It reminds me of the recurring dreams I used to have when I was in middle school of swimming with my clothes on but staying dry: joyful and eerie and unreal. Plus, I'm just a sucker for the ukulele.

Okay, the bread is finally done! Maybe I'll bring the leftovers to my string quartets seminar class tomorrow.

-Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment